Gurdwara Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib- Lucknow
The Lucknow Gurudwara Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib is a historic Gurudwara established in the market of Yahiyaganj, at a distance of 4 kilometers from the district headquarters of Lucknow , the capital of Uttar Pradesh . Yahiyaganj market is Lucknow’s general merchant, wholesale market of crackers, readymade, hosiery, wool and utensils. Traders from ten to fifteen districts of Purvanchal come to this market to buy goods. This market is situated in a street about two kilometers long and twelve feet wide. There are more than two thousand shops here.
The Lucknow Gurudwara is in a five-storied building, in which the Gurudwara is on the ground floor, rooms for the wise and ragi on the first floor, and the langar hall on the second floor where langar is prepared and served to the devotees. There are more than 40 rooms for the servants on the third, fourth and fifth floors. Utensils etc. for Bhandara are arranged by the Gurudwara itself. Prasad, tea, snacks and water are arranged free of cost by the Gurudwara on other religious festivals held in the city.
In 2013, the son of a Sindhi family of Aliganj was kidnapped. The family was very upset. With the inspiration of one of his neighbours, Shri Nanak Chandra Gurunani ji, he came to this Gurudwara and got Akhand Path done here. After 48 hours, as soon as the ardas for completion ended, his son was found back. It is said that one of the specialties of this Gurdware Sahib is that the devotee who worships here continuously for 40 days, his wishes are definitely fulfilled.
To reach Guru Teg Bahadur Gurudwara in Yahiyaganj, Lucknow, you can use different modes of transportation depending on your preference and convenience. Here are several options:
1. By Car or Taxi: If you have access to a car or prefer a taxi, you can input the gurudwara’s address into a GPS navigation system or a maps app on your smartphone. Follow the directions provided to reach your destination.
2. By Public Bus: You can check the local bus routes that pass through Yahiyaganj in Lucknow. The gurudwara is a well-known landmark, and bus drivers or conductors should be able to guide you to the nearest bus stop. Make sure to ask for the nearest stop to Guru Teg Bahadur Gurudwara.
3. By Auto-rickshaw: Auto-rickshaws are a common mode of transportation in Lucknow. You can hire an auto-rickshaw and provide the gurudwara’s name as your destination. Auto-rickshaw drivers are usually familiar with the area.
4. By Cycle or Walking: Depending on your proximity to Yahiyaganj, you might consider cycling or walking if you’re up for it. This could be a pleasant way to explore the area at a leisurely pace.
5. By Ola/Uber (Ride-sharing Services): You can use ride-sharing services like Ola or Uber if they are available in Lucknow. Simply enter the gurudwara’s address as your destination, and the app will connect you with a driver.
Remember to confirm the location and directions with the driver or locals if you choose to use public transportation or a ride-sharing service. Guru Teg Bahadur Gurudwara is a well-known place of worship, so most people in the area should be able to assist you in finding it.